The stresses of life have beaten me down. We had one vehicle break down and out of commission of over 1 week, the transmission in the other vehicle seems to be going, and 2 sick kids. My path to intuitive eating was thrown way off course. I am now working to get back, but I gained some weight in the journey. Oh, well, it is a work in progress and so am I.
So getting to my title, I had an issue just the other day that still is bothering me. A friend of mine is celebrating her 3rd wedding anniversary and had a local photographer to take some pictures. My friend asked for my opinion saying she liked some and didn't like others. I didn't like too many of them. The photographer, whom I also know and have personal issues with, kind of lacks imagination. I told my friend the pictures that I kind of liked--not telling her kind of--and told her what I thought was lacking--again the imagination of the photographer. Anyway, my friend fires back with they liked most of them and didn't like any of the ones I did, and that my opinion was clearly clouded by personal issues. I told her back that I am sorry she didn't like my opinion (wanted to ask why she asked for it anyway), and said that the only thing that matters is that she and her husband like the pictures. I also told her I just don't like the pictures this photographer has taken in the past and after looking through her website, I still don't like them. By the way, I asked my husband to look at the pictures to see if maybe I was being too hard on the photographer. He didn't like them either and this is someone he has known for 20+ years.
So again back to my title, how honest is too honest? I thought she truly wanted my opinion, but apparently not. She, from her tone, is now mad at me. I though she and her husband looked great, the setting was perfect--fall leaves in the back round--but the pictures were all taken too far away or were awkward poses. They looked a lot like wedding photos minus the wedding and really far away.
Anyway, I guess this is like the age old dilemma of the wife/girlfriend asking her husband/boyfriend if she looks fat in a dress/jeans. Damned if you answer yes, damned if you answer no. I wonder if I would have said I liked them if she then wouldn't have.
Enough of this already. Moving on. I am taking a cake decorating class. I am thinking about trying to open a business making specialty cakes--the kind you can't get from the local grocery store. I need to take more classes before I am ready to make cakes full time. But I have made some for us, birthdays and practicing, and I am going to make a cake for a friends family celebrating birthdays for the Thanksgiving weekend. I am thinking about doing a cake blog but just don't know what to call it. I would love to post my pictures and my journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.