Monday, November 1, 2010

So this past weekend was Halloween.  I can't say it is my favorite holiday, but I enjoy trick or treating with the kids.  We have so much candy it is ridiculous.  I'll come back to that in a moment.  We also had some family and friends over both Saturday and Sunday.  That is really rare for us, but it was nice having the house come alive with people other than us.

I have been really working on the intuitive eating.  I was doing well on eating only when I am hungry, having more trouble on stopping before I am full.  I am shooting for satisfied and have not found that yet.  But I am OK with that as it is a work in progress, getting back in touch with my body.  This weekend was a little harder with the candy and extra people around.  I ate too much and ate when I really didn't want it.  Again, I am looking at this as a work in progress so I am good. 

Along with working on eating only when hungry and only till satisfied, I am also trying to make peace with food in general.  Food that in the past has made me lose control in particular.  For example, we had fresh baked bread both Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday I struggled with this; fresh baked bread is my favorite.  I could eat a whole loaf myself and to hell with everyone else.  I ate way too much on Saturday and felt like I was going to be sick.  Sunday, I kept reminding myself that I can always have fresh baked bread, it is not forbidden.  Sunday I was more in control and I think I enjoyed the bread even more knowing I can always have more if and when I need it.  The Halloween candy is another example.  I had candy Saturday, my favorite is Reese's peanut butter cups, but by Sunday I just didn't much care that the candy is there.  What a good feeling, knowing it is there and I can have some if I want it but obsessing about it.  And pumpkin pie, it is still sitting on the counter, whole, not even cut.  I know it is there and that is good enough for now.

And now we are cleaning carpets and hopefully going to paint walls.  We have lived in this house for almost 5 years now and my husband is just now going to let me paint.  I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.