Not really sure what I want to say tonight, so it may seem a little random.
I didn't get to exercise today. Had to take our dog to the vet's office and then run errands and do some work for my husband. I did go outside this evening after the sun went over the hill and played with the kids on the swing set. I mainly pushed them while they were swinging but at least I was not sitting on my rear end.
I was doing some laundry this morning and I took out a pair of my shorts from the dryer. I held them up and really looked at them--something I avoid doing too closely. While I have never really been a thin person, I would look at someone with a large rear end and say that is never going to be me. Well, guess what? It is me right now. My shorts are huge, which means so is my rear. At that point in time I was a little disappointed in myself but also more determined to get the weight off.
Today was a good eating day I think. I put my fork down between bites and would even pause to take a drink of water, further slowing down my eating. My kids are still slower but I am getting there. Tonight we had one of my favorite meals and I did not go back for seconds. Didn't even feel the need for more. That felt good. Maybe that was why I was able to go outside and play with the kids--I didn't overload myself with food.
My birthday is this weekend. I am not really worried about being a year older, but I don't love my birthday either. It all goes back to the year I turned 13. My father and stepmother had a baby on September 1. Three days later on my birthday, I got no call from my father, no card, nothing. Ever since, he doesn't forget her birthday, but he forgets mine every year. About 5 years ago, my husband forgot. I was truly devastated. I don't like to celebrate my birthday and don't even plan to tell my kids that it is my birthday. I am somewhat hoping my husband forgets this year because he is not home anyway. Yeah that is another thing, my husband is gone every year for my birthday anyway. It's kind of not special to celebrate 2-3 days later.
I need to start baking and trying to get ready for my daughter's birthday. I was seriously thinking about canceling the party. We don't have too many people invited anyway. But the boys want to have a party for her so we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.