Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time will tell

This week has been a disaster.  My husband is a computer hog and I could not get here to post anything.  We finally got my laptop working but it is moving so slowly, I just want to scream.  But I am back and posting.

A few things did go right this week.  I have been really focusing on stopping at one helping, slowing down my eating, not eating my kids leftovers and stopping when I feel full no matter how much food is left.  Will it show on the scale?  That remains to be seen, but I have also managed to get my exercising in this week, except for today so far but I am still going to try.  I also started a 10 min every other day session to build up to another every day exercising session.  I feel fairly confident at this point that I will meet my goal of losing 1 lbs this week.  But I have been confident before and the scale has gone up instead of down.  One thing I really have to do is get a current photo.  Full body.  I don't have a full mirror so I can delude myself into thinking my weight is not that bad.  Then we go somewhere and I see myself and am always surprised at how bad I look.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but it is true.  I don't see it therefore it isn't there.  I would like to post a starting picture then a current picture when I have reached a 10 lbs weight loss and keep these where I can see them everyday.  I am hoping that will help also. 

I was looking yesterday for a yoga dvd.  I would love to do yoga but I can't go to a class.  I found one I would really like to try but I hate to buy a dvd then not like it.  I have been there, done that.  Not sure what I am going to do, it was just $10, and I waste more than that on stupid things.  We will see.

Our daughter was born one year ago yesterday.  One year ago today we got the heart stopping news that she was born with a port wine stain on her face--we had thought her face just bruised from birth.  The Doctor who first saw her at the hospital of course gave worse case scenario, but so did her dermatologist.  We were warned to watch for seizures, she could also have developmental delays, mental retardation, stroke, and the list goes on and on.  I was so scared.  I am not an overly religious person but I began to pray, sometimes every 5 min, for God to keep her healthy.  I could not sleep at night because I was afraid she would have a seizure.  Life just kind of stopped for a little while for us.  But as she grew out of the very baby stage, she seemed OK.  When she was 6 months old, she had an MRI/MRA to see if the other blood vessels in the head as formed correctly.  Everything came back fine and her Doctor ruled out any chance for seizures and everything else, but I can't keep the worry away.  I still pray for her continued good health, and she is a happy healthy one year old who is scary smart.  But time will still tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.