Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tired of being the fat mom

My second child had open house at his pre-school tonight.  I was the second heaviest person there.  I can't blame it on having 3 kids because someone else has 3 kids and she looks wonderful.  I know I will not be the heaviest at my older son's school but I come close.  This sucks.  I wish I could lose it as quick as I seem to gain it. 

Ok, enough of that.  So I have been trying to eat slower--like my children do.  I forget sometimes, but, hey, I've only been doing this for a couple of days now.  Tonight at dinner I inhaled my food and just felt like throwing up afterward.  I feel better when I can eat slower and don't feel the need for extra food.  However, I still want to chew and that shows up in a craving for sweets.  So I have been chewing a piece of gum after eating and that seems to be working.  This weekend though I have to start baking for my daughter's first birthday party.  So I will try to eat the yummy sweets in moderation and hope I don't gain 5 pounds in a week like I did when I baked for my son's party. 

I was tempted to get on the scale this morning.  I feel so good exercising everyday.  I wanted to see if it translated yet to the scale.  But I didn't and I am glad I didn't because my jeans are still tight so I know I would have felt bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.