Sunday, September 12, 2010

stop making excuses.

So my last post was about having a bad day.  This week was a bad week.  My husband came home finally, but he also throws a wrench into what I am trying to do.  First, he made all the family favorites for dinner.  He cooks 90% of the food we eat and is an awesome cook.  It was so hard to eat slowly and not want seconds.  Second, he is not a regular exerciser, so it becomes to easy for me to not exercise.  Not that my being overweight is his fault by any means, it is just easier to not be healthy.  I also had my daughters 1st birthday party to get ready for.  Baking, making icing, putting everything together, took a lot of time and I got very little exercise this week.  I was also dealing with the same little girl being sick.  It was just one thing after another.  

So all that being said, it is time to stop making excuses.  My family did not make me one hundred pounds overweight, I did.  Baking and decorating a cake will not make me overweight, but licking the spatula, licking my fingers clean of icing will.  I could go on and on.

I gained 4 lbs this week.  I think some may be water retention because my fingers feel swollen, but the scale still went up this week instead of down.  So I have set a goal for myself this week.  I will lose 1 pound or more this week.  I will do this by exercising, eating slowly, drinking lots of water and blogging everyday.  I will focus on what I need to do first and foremost.  I love my kids and husband, but I need to love and take care of myself.  I can't do that if I die young because I am overweight.  It is time to stop making excuses and make that scale go down instead.  Time to make things happen instead of letting them happen.  Time to take charge of my health because I am the only one who will and should.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.